€ 6.500,-
1953
Gris
121.000 km

2cv A

On February 6, 1954, Automóveis Citroën, the dealer in Lisbon, delivered a Citroën 2cv A to Direcçao Geral dos Serviços Pecuários. This government service was located in a beautiful building at Rua Vitor Cordon 4, it still exists, check it out on Streetview.



This service was established in 1919 to improve animal welfare and hygiene around animal products. One of the reasons was the outbreak of the Spanish flu and the many victims that the pandemic caused. Sounds topical.

This service was established in 1919 to improve animal welfare and hygiene around animal products. One of the reasons was the outbreak of the Spanish flu and the many victims that the pandemic caused. Sounds topical.

The next step in its life is the registration, in 1967, in the name of Joaquim Maria Luiz from Marateca, near Palmela. This town is located just southeast of Lisbon, on the estuary where the Sado River flows. This environment is a national park and internationally recognized wetland. A moderate, humid climate, with water with a high salt content. Ideal environment for metal to rust.

That is what happened. The 2cv was stopped by Joaquim after some time due to a problem with the engine. It is still partly dismantled. It presumably disappeared in the corner of a barn. The original gray paint has already been supplemented once for preservation, but it was not successful everywhere. Some places are still solid, others wafer thin.

But much is still very original. The single rear light and the rear left reflector, the small rear window, the oddly shaped front (inner) wings, the wheels with hollow rim, the thick fuel filler pipe, no tailgate. All typical things for the early A’s, this one is from the fourth year of production. It also still has the engine that is mentioned on the license plate, its first.


Great find. To leave it as it is, or to give it a new lease of life. We can assist you in that.